Morton defeated in Super Sectionals soccer game

The Morton Boys Soccer team is playing against the Naperville North Huskies in the second half of the game.

Erika Quezada

Erika Quezada

Erika Quezada and Natalia Zambrano

On Tuesday, October 31, the Morton Boys Varsity Soccer team played at the IHSA Super Sectionals at Lewis University in Romeoville. They were playing against the #1 ranked team in the nation Naperville North.

On the first half of the game, the Naperville North Huskies scored a goal making a score of 1-0. The Morton Mustangs attempted to make a goal; unfortunately, they did not and their season came to an end with the final score of 0-1. Their season record ended up with 22 wins, 2 ties and 2 losses.

90 students from the Freshman Center and Morton East traveled on 3 fan buses to the game to support their team. The theme was a blackout/zombie out.

6 Responses to “Morton defeated in Super Sectionals soccer game”

1. Monico Martinez on November 28th, 2017 8:52 am

Morton has a great soccer team. Although they did lose, I always feel proud when people talk about Morton in soccer. That’s because soccer always goes far and, I’m proud to call myself a Morton mustang. No matter what soccer never lets us down. The team will go far in the future and hoepfully bring home the championship in the next few years.

2. Eduardo Flores on November 28th, 2017 11:07 am

The Morton mustangs gave it their all best in this game because if was one the most important game of their season. They knew what their were going against because Morton has lost to Naperville north a couple times in the past years. They only lost by one goal which is not a lot seeing they went against the #1 rated team in the nation. Either ways the varsity soccer team had a outstanding season with only 2 loses and 22 wins.

3. Lourdes Garcia on November 29th, 2017 12:51 pm

I think overall the Morton soccer team did an outstanding job. They managed to face the number one ranked team. I know they were very nervous and alot must have been racing through the players minds. They managed to overcome those thoughts and play and did everything they could, they were training to be lead up to that date and give in their all. I am proud to be called a Morton Mustang because even if they did not take the State Cup this year, there is always next season to come back and even better.

4. Dayanna Gonzalez on November 29th, 2017 1:07 pm

I am very proud due to the fact that our Boys Varsity soccer team went to super sectionals. We have a great team in my eyes, even though they lost. losing isn’t what defines our team. Many people tell us morton students that our teams aren’t good. I believe that this should be a reason for us athletes to work harder into proving what we have. We have so much potential in soccer. I don’t know of the other sports like volleyball or basketball, but in soccer, i know we can get far.

5. Fredy Magana on November 29th, 2017 11:05 pm

The Morton soccer team did an excellent job this year just like every other year. They have came up short this season but as a Sophomore I see the great talent that awaits for the team. I feel like the upcoming year will be the best year yet for the Morton soccer team, great young stars will bring the state championship back to Morton in my opinion. I’m very excited to see what happens next year, hopefully they win it all.

6. Alexis Ayala on November 30th, 2017 7:58 am

The Morton soccer team did give it their all, but they couldn’t manage to take the win. They must have been extremely nervous, knowing that it was a really important game and were to face the #1 ranked national team. Everyone played their game and that’s what always matters the most. One thing I can say, is there is always next year, for some of them, since most are seniors. Hopefully, next time they face each other, Morton manages to take the win.