Morton opinion: Chicago Bulls in trouble

Sep 25, 2017; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bulls guard Kris Dunn (left), guard Zach LaVine (center), and guard Denzel Valentine (right) pose for a photo on media day at The Advocate Center. Mandatory Credit: Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports ORG XMIT: USATSI-363576 ORIG FILE ID:  20170923_pjc_gb9_522.JPG

Sep 25, 2017; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bulls guard Kris Dunn (left), guard Zach LaVine (center), and guard Denzel Valentine (right) pose for a photo on media day at The Advocate Center. Mandatory Credit: Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports ORG XMIT: USATSI-363576 ORIG FILE ID: 20170923_pjc_gb9_522.JPG

Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports

Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports

Anthony Lopez ant Diego Rodriguez, Reporter

In the 2017/2018 NBA Season, people won’t see the Chicago Bulls in the Playoffs.

Before the season starts, the NBA puts power rankings for all the teams.  The Chicago Bulls are Ranked 30th.  This means that out of all the teams the Bulls are considered the worst by NBA analysis’s.  This is because of many things.  The Chicago Bulls have recently agreed with Star Dwyane Wade on a buyout for approximately $15 million.  This meant that Dwyane Wade was officially off the roster and later signed to the Cleveland Cavaliers.  Now the Chicago Bulls have unloaded all their stars and have entered rebuild mode.  Earlier in beginning of the off season during draft night, the Bulls decided to trade away Superstar Jimmy Butler for a draft pick, and young talents in Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn.  With all of this, the Chicago Bulls is left with an all young, inexperienced roster that isn’t likely to even get near the Playoffs and would most likely lose most of the season games.  In a random survey of 100 Morton East High School students, 66% believe that the Chicago Bulls won’t make it to the Eastern Conference Playoffs.

” The Chicago Bulls this year will be interesting to watch with the young talent they have. It’s their chance to show what they’ve got.   They won’t have more than 35 wins though,” Cicero Boys Club Coach/Ex Morton Varsity Basketball player Hector Reyes said.

Junior Bulls fanatic Jose Munoz thinks otherwise.

“The Chicago Bulls are for sure making it to the Playoffs.  The East is full of week teams.  I’m pretty sure they at least get 8th spot,” Jose Munoz said.

While this was his claim, sophomore Geovanni Guzman actually compared who is better than the Bulls.

“The Chicago Bulls can’t make it. For sure there’s 8 teams that are better than them without a doubt. Cleveland, Boston, The Bucks, 76ers, Raptors, the hornets, The Pacers, and Miami are the 8 going into the Playoffs. I’d be surprised if the Bulls even make 12th spot,” Geovanni Guzman said.

While the Chicago Bulls are up against major teams, Adrian Tapia believes that the Bulls still have some talent.  He is actually ecstatic-incredibly excited- to see what the Bulls have to offer this season.

“I think Lauri Markkanen is going to be the face of the Bulls because Lauri was doing amazing in the preseason,” Senior Adrian Tapia said.

Jordan Goodman also believes that the Chicago Bulls has great potential in the near future.

“Even if the Bulls lose and are the worst team, the younger players are still going to play and still show everyone what they got,” freshman Jordan Goodman said.

Although all of this is likely to happen, Alan Sotelo disagrees with Jordan having his own opinion on the players.

“Since they have no veterans or any experience playing together, they are going to get eaten up. Simple,” Sophomore Alan Sotelo said.

20 Responses to “Morton opinion: Chicago Bulls in trouble”

1. Anthony Lopez on November 14th, 2017 10:36 pm

Overall it’s a great article. I give it a 10/10

[Reply]

2. Fernando Juarez on November 14th, 2017 10:43 pm

Bulls are trash

[Reply]

Anthony Lopez Reply:

The Bulls aren’t really trash. They are in a rebuild mode so they shouldn’t be really good. What they do have is promising potential within Lauri Markkanen and Kris Dunn.

[Reply]

3. Hector Reyes on November 14th, 2017 10:49 pm

There are some typos all throughout the article, but overall it was interesting to read and to know what others thought about the Bulls young season.

[Reply]

Diego Reply:

Ok thanks, your comment got typos too

[Reply]

4. Jose munoz on November 14th, 2017 11:43 pm

The article starts off strong with the author clearly stating his stance, but then the article gets in to the opinions of the people and has a weak conclusion to the overall article.

[Reply]

5. Alan Sotelo on November 15th, 2017 10:53 am

The Bulls are in a process of rebuilding. So far not looking so good but it’s just a beginning. The bulls drafted a rookie that looks to be great in the future, to the league. I think if they would not have traded Jimmy Butler there could’ve been a possibility of Kyrie Irving going to the bulls because Jimmy and Kyrie are great friends but too bad the trade was already made before Kyrie had thoughts of leaving the cavs.

[Reply]

6. Erick Cardenas on November 21st, 2017 11:39 am

Even though the bulls are gonna be booty this season, im always rocking with them.

[Reply]

7. Bryan Hernandez on November 27th, 2017 10:21 am

The bulls haven’t been the bulls ever since the trades. Sad days.

[Reply]

8. Luis arzeta on November 27th, 2017 10:23 am

The bulls are going to have there worst season.

[Reply]

9. chris garcia on November 27th, 2017 11:32 am

the bulls are in the process from rebuilding. little rough but its gonna be like this way for a whille.untill maybe the next 4-5 years to rebuild.

[Reply]

10. Luis Cano on November 27th, 2017 11:33 am

Good article and good points 10/10

[Reply]

11. Alvaro on November 28th, 2017 8:57 am

I don’t think the bulls are gonna get to the eastern conference but the rookies are able to show what they’ve got. Trading butler wasn’t a good decision on the bulls end, trading one of there best players when they needed him most wasn’t smart at all.

[Reply]

12. Fredy Magana on November 28th, 2017 9:58 am

It’s a good article and offers points of view from both sides which make it really interesting. A few grammatical errors are present but they don’t affect the article’s potential. Although, a stronger conclusion would make the article even better. I rate it a solid 8/10.

[Reply]

13. Felipe Gandarilla on November 28th, 2017 11:05 am

The article is well written and has very valid points. The bulls are in a process of rebuilding the team but releasing all the stars all at once would only bring problems. With no veterans to lead the youngsters they are set up for failure. Although there is a lot of talent like LaVine they are all still young and lack the experience to win against big teams. The sudden loss of players also means old and new players have to get adjusted to eachothers playing style and that could take a while depending on how well the players adapt. The bulls wont have a solid chance at the play offs until a few years from now when they build a solid squad.

[Reply]

14. Michelle Soliz on November 28th, 2017 12:17 pm

Although the bulls are rebuilding their team, I really don’t think they have the chance to make cuts for playoffs. They got rid of their star players, wrong move in my opinion. Their plan on taking new and younger players is pretty risky because although they are young, they’re inexperienced to the game compared to a player whom of which is experienced. I am certainly positive that the Chicago Bulls will not make the playoffs on their current terms. The only way they were to even make 15th spot is if there were a miracle in the new team they’ve chosen.

[Reply]

15. Mario Ramirez on November 28th, 2017 6:46 pm

I think the article “Morton opinion: Chicago Bulls in trouble” is a very great article. I like how this article gives a chance for other Morton students to give out their opinions. This gives the kids an opportunity to speak without other people judging them. I also like how this article gives our strong facts on why the bulls have little to no chance of making the playoffs . In the article it says “ Before the season starts, The NBA puts power rankings for all teams. The Chicago Bulls are ranked 30th. This means out of all the teams the bulls are considered the worst by NBA analysis”. Before reading this article I thought that the bulls had some chance of making the playoffs, but after all the facts and people personal opinions my statement changed. This article made me changed my mind and that’s why I think it’s a very great article.

[Reply]

16. Dan Nunez on November 29th, 2017 7:48 pm

The bulls are tanking this season and honestly it was for the best. Couple years ago the Bulls were trying to rebuild around all-star Jimmy Butler and that didn’t work out. The Jimmy Butler trade wasn’t a horrible one but some still argue. The Bulls really had no chance in competing for championship run especially with teams like Golden State, Cleveland, and Spurs who are probably going to be a top teams for at least 3 years, there only option was to rebuild. They attained young talent that is promising. But the trade did have its downsides obviously they lost a Fan favorite but the bulls have Lauri Markkanan who is looking like a future star. Averaging 14.3 pts, 8.2 rebounds, and 1.5 Ast Lauri Markkanan is definetly going to be a core piece for the Bulls.

[Reply]

17. Jeremy Cabrera on November 29th, 2017 10:57 pm

I completely agree with the opinions of most people in the article. The Chicago Bulls are definitely in trouble, and it will take quite sometime until Bulls will be considered as one of the top tier teams in the NBA. This season, the Bulls have a win-loss record of 3-16 which is considerably worse than their last season which was a win-loss ratio of 1:1. Their current record is the reason which landed them in 15th place in the East Conference. Many Bulls fans are dubious about the future, but a change was needed in the team; starting over may be the best option. Sometimes we just need to have trust in the decisions after selling Butler and Wade.

[Reply]

18. Lightning on November 30th, 2017 11:56 am

This article is great overall but I do believe the bulls are in some serious trouble without having a leading player on the team. We do have Zach LaVine but he hasnt even played yet and the bulls are in dead last with only 3 wins and 16 losses. but i do believe that we will get a top pick next year and hopefully we can get someone who can evolve into a leader or get some top free agents next year.

[Reply]