Pony Express News

MEHS split on abortion issue

Estrella Ramos and Amairany Cardoza

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

 Over the years Morton East opinion about abortion has changed; now, many more Morton east students have pro choice than they use to be.

In random survey at Morton East High school of 100 students , 54% think aborting is a crime and the other 46% think it’s not.

We thought about this topic because currently one of our friends was upset that her mom was pregnant but was thinking about aborting.

There are 1.1 million U.S. abortions each year. Women that abort can end up going through some emotional complications, such as: eating disorders, Relationship problems, Guilt, Depression, Flashbacks of abortion, Suicidal thoughts, Sexual dysfunction, Alcohol and drug abuse.

Women unexpectedly get pregnant.

“I don’t know if I would end up aborting or not. (It depends) on how old i am and how my life is going,” senior Claudia Hernandez said.

Some women believe the father has no to say in what happens.

“If my boyfriend talks to me about aborting I would mostly say no to him, but then again if we have no money like if I’m completely broke then I would just abort,” senior Lizeth Tapia said.

Others consider the feelings of the father.

“I would disagree with my girlfriend because it isn’t the baby’s fault for our actions and we shouldn’t decide to abort it because we knew what we were doing, and we should’ve thought about the consequences,” sophomore Fernando Caltzontzin said.

And, you have to respect people’s individual decisions.

”I wouldn’t see my friend as a complete criminal, but I would be very disappointed in her because I know that isn’t the best choice she could’ve made.  Then again, a lot of girls that abort say  ‘My body, my choice’,” senior Jessica Garcia said.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
1 Comment

One Response to “MEHS split on abortion issue”

  1. Aurora on May 7th, 2018 9:42 am

    If a woman wants to abort the baby then they should have the right to without having to explain to anybody. It’s their body and their choice. If it was me i would think about it deeply and meditate about it. The best thing is to do what you think is right for yourself. Your health should always come first.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The student news site of Morton East High School
MEHS split on abortion issue