Honor Flight Network lifts veterans up for tribute

The+Honor+Flight+Network+flies+veterans+to+Washington+to+be+honored+in+a+ceremony+each+year.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Honor Flight Network flies veterans to Washington to be honored in a ceremony each year.

Honor flight honors those who have served our country in the military.

Science teacher Jeff Dundek accompanied his father on an Honor Flight recently.

The honor flight is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to all veterans that honors and thanks them for fighting for the country.  The honor flight network does whatever they can to make their veterans happy and able to travel freely. Families with a member in the service feel that the flight is a great way to show our appreciation and let them know we are thankful for their service. 

“They treated the veterans like heroes and really honored them,” said science teacher Mr. Jeff Dundek 

During the event, the veterans were able to visit different places like museums or walk around to see the appreciation everyone has for them.  

“It was a lot of fun, we got to visit different museums,” said Mr. Dundek 

Everyone one there was proud about what the veterans did for our country and proud how the event turned out to be  

“I felt really proud of my father and the other veterans,” said Mr.Dundek  

1 Comment

One Response to “Honor Flight Network lifts veterans up for tribute”

1. Lia Figueroa on January 10th, 2019 12:31 pm

It’s great seeing people honor & recognize veterans & what they’ve done for us. Veterans deserve to live freely after everything they’ve been through. They’ve put their lives on the line just so we can be safe & live our lives to the fullest. So it makes me happy seeing this nonprofit organization do this for them. I just hope veterans know how grateful we actually are for them. I know my uncle would’ve appreciated what they’re doing, he served when I was around 4 until I was 10 because he got hurt & couldn’t serve any longer.