Spirits seen at Morton College in Cicero

A+ghost+is+enrolled+at+Morton+College+in+Cicero.+
A ghost is enrolled at Morton College in Cicero.

Courtesy of Chronicle Media

Courtesy of Chronicle Media

Did you know that Morton College is haunted by a ghost?

According to https://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/morton-college/, Emily is a spirit seen and heard in the campus of Morton College. She was murdered near the Laramie Bridge by the school before the school was built. Security at the school have seen Emily’s spirit wonder around the rooftops at night, and theatergoers have heard Emily in the theater, especially during violent plays that contain murder scenes.

“She’s never appeared to me, although there is many stories of her and supposed knocking that’s heard in between the walls,” Morton College student said.

Many students have heard the stories and myths on Emily, however many don’t believe in the stories.

“I heard about her at a party and my friends and I went to walk around there late at night but I didn’t see or hear anything suspicious on my part,” a Morton College Student said.

There are a couple of students that have experienced hearings and suspicious acts at the campus that don’t want to believe in Emily but the acts have them worried.

“When I am walking to class at times in the halls I hear like loud bangs in between the walls and it freaks me out because I remember about the stories of Emily and I speed walk to class or wherever I’m going.” Student, Jose Quiroz said.

There are many sides to this story and many experiences, however Emily would only know if she’s really haunting the school or not.

40 Responses to “Spirits seen at Morton College in Cicero”

1. bertha de oca on October 31st, 2018 12:50 pm

i dont think this is very true its probably just for attention

2. Adrian Nava on October 31st, 2018 12:54 pm

Never heard of this but good story

3. Alejandro Gutierrez on October 31st, 2018 12:59 pm

I believe this is fake because I personally don’t believe in Ghost and supernatural occurences. “Emily” could most likely be someone playing a prank and messing around with people so she could get a couple laughs. however many people believe in ghost and things like that.

4. Jose Cahue on October 31st, 2018 1:18 pm

Student, Jose Quiroz said.
    Should be given a title or last name. Like Sophmore Jose Quiroz said.

5. Jose Cahue on October 31st, 2018 1:19 pm

Student, Jose Quiroz said.
    Should be given a title or last name. Like Sophmore Jose Quiroz said. Question #2

6. Judge on October 31st, 2018 2:37 pm

Mrs. Landy, health teacher at West, told me many stories about Emily in the women’s locker room.

7. M.E on October 31st, 2018 2:47 pm

“There are a couple of students that have experienced hearings…”

“that” should be replaced with “who”

8. Ivan Soto on October 31st, 2018 2:49 pm

OH my GOODNESS. This is literally so scary omg lol. Now I will run to my classes. I can not get caught lacking by the ghosts 😤😤😤.

9. Ivan Soto on October 31st, 2018 2:51 pm

Nah but for real students should bring a Oujia Board and use it to see if there are actual spirits.

10. mauricio on October 31st, 2018 3:09 pm

i think that the school should contact ghost buster to see whats going on. They should also use a ouija board at the school. I also want to know how did the girl die?

11. Annarosa Alvarado on October 31st, 2018 5:24 pm

I don’t believe this. For one she hasn’t appeared to anyone in the school. The random knocking could mean the building is settling. I think they used Emily’s death to my a hoax, saying that she haunts the school.

12. [email protected] on October 31st, 2018 6:21 pm

This makes me question whether its true or just a rumor started or a prank.I will have to stay that I mostly believe in this because of so many witnesses seeing or hearing things one of them being my truthful cousin who worked there before. She was a security guard there. One day she had to stay late there and she was one of the only people left in the building when she heard scratching, loud bangs, and saw doors slamming. She never really believed in ghosts or any paranormal stuff until weirder and creepier things began to happen like this. it wasn’t until after this that she learned about Emily’s tale.

13. [email protected] on October 31st, 2018 6:24 pm

This makes me question whether its true or just a rumor started or a prank. I will have to stay that I mostly believe in this because of so many witnesses seeing or hearing things one of them being my truthful cousin who worked there before. She was a security guard there. One day she had to stay late there and she was one of the only people left in the building when she heard scratching, loud bangs, and saw doors slamming. She never really believed in ghosts or any paranormal stuff until weirder and creepier things began to happen like this. it wasn’t until after this that she learned about Emily’s tale. This overall is freaky.

14. alhezee000 on October 31st, 2018 7:55 pm

I dont think this is real because the students that were interviewed have never actually seen “Emily” and there isnt sufficient evidence to prove the sightings.

15. Alhezee on October 31st, 2018 8:01 pm

I dont think that “Emily” is real because the students that were interviewed had never actually seen “Emily” they just heard noises and that doesnt prove that Emily is real.

16. Yanixel Padilla on October 31st, 2018 8:10 pm

I have indeed heard a couple of stories about Morton College having spirits. Although I haven’t heard of this one, it wouldn’t be new to hear that there are spirits. It would be cool to see this topic more investigated because it brings it to my attention and I think its very interesting. I haven’t heard a lot of stories about spirits in Cicero and to hear about one that is close to me is intriguing.

17. Abby J on October 31st, 2018 9:52 pm

I didn’t know about the story or that people think Morton college is haunted. Personally I wouldn’t know but I would like to know the security’s opinion and stories on this. The security that works the night shift could have many good stories to share, especially as an addition to the article.

18. Ashley A.. on October 31st, 2018 10:11 pm

I disagree on this article about Emily doesn’t seem real to me. There is no evidence on this and I never heard about this. There also no such thing as the Morton College being haunted because then no student will be attending. Some people hear it and some people don’t which means its all in our head and we let it take over our mind which cause use to see things even when its not true.

19. Angela Sustaita on October 31st, 2018 11:16 pm

I think this is fake because there’s random noises all the time by things that fall or other people playing around. Especially since it’s SPOOKY time.

20. Robert Olvera on November 1st, 2018 6:39 am

This is actually an interesting story. Even though I’ve never heard of anything like this happening, i still think that this is just like a rumor/prank that has just been spread around and the gullible believe it.

21. Jocelyn T on November 1st, 2018 7:16 am

I don’t think she is real. I think that this is just students making this up to scare each other. Most of the time if a school is hunted its because it happen inside the school and not really around it.

22. Esmeralda Sanchez on November 1st, 2018 8:32 am

I wouldn’t believe this story, I would have to say that I need more evidence. I personally thought it was semi interesting but I feel like this is not real because it does not have enough evidence.

23. Nancy Gutierrez on November 1st, 2018 11:24 am

i can personally see it both way yet the school is not that old but yet i still believe in super natural occurrences Emily could in fact be real and may be showing her presets through the halls or through noises and may still be lingering around but yet again it could just be something else and there is a possibility of people lying through out the years and now when the subject gets brought up i have mix feeling about this but reading other people thoughts on this in im the middle and this could be a possibility.

24. Julian Yanez on November 1st, 2018 12:03 pm

I don’t think this is very true but it is still creepy, I just wish they had video evidence of it. I personally believe in ghosts but I have trouble believing this story. It may just be a prank that someone is playing for the fun of it. Although I don’t believe this story, I found the article really interesting. I still hope I never encounter ghost.

25. Luz E Rocha on November 1st, 2018 8:36 pm

I have heard stories of ghost at Morton but not this one. In my opinion i believe Emily isn’t real but a Myth that got into every ones head. The small coincidental things that has happen could just be exaggerated by their fear.

26. gio on November 1st, 2018 10:30 pm

This interests me as paranormal activity is always seen as people pulling a a prank, but if this so called ghost exist it spark more interests for seeing what else exists

27. Hamza on November 2nd, 2018 9:20 am

This article is actually pretty intriguing, but it is highly unbelievable without some actual evidence. From what I heard, it seems that most people believe that this is just a prank caused by a student, or even multiple, and I have to agree with that reason as well.

28. Aileen on November 4th, 2018 9:44 pm

In my opinion I think this is not true. Something about reading this makes me think this is a prank. Although hearing that some Morton College students speak about what they have seen or hear unsettles me.

29. Kayla A Castaneda on November 5th, 2018 11:05 am

This isn’t that much a surprise, even though ghosts are supposedly old and from ancient times, I believe more modern spirits are among us. How true are these accounts, I’m a little conflicted because I feel that this might be a school tradition. It hasn’t been officially recorded but is the explanation for weird occurrences, a school joke that blames all bad things on ‘Emily’,

30. Natalie Gallardo on November 5th, 2018 11:24 am

this was really hard to believe for the fact that it was so short and it didn’t have enough fact or very many witnesses to confirm the suspicions. The fact that also she wasn’t even killed on campus also makes it hard to believe because why would she haunt a place she has nothing to do with. I wouldn’t believe it only because there isn’t much information.

31. Cristian Perez on November 5th, 2018 12:13 pm

I don’t know if this is real or not but it is actually pretty interesting and creepy at the same time. I would love if there was some kind of evidence to prove that she was real. Some people may have heard strange noises in the halls but who knows if it was her or not probably someone just pranking people.

32. Sheila Sanchez on November 7th, 2018 10:03 am

I think this is real, but I still need more evidence to completely believe its true.

33. Arturo Flores on November 7th, 2018 11:08 am

i personally think that this is fake news because i don’t really believe in ghosts and the article is click bait

34. Miguel Garcia on November 7th, 2018 11:09 am

What if their aliens making you think that their ghost so you don’t Morton college aliens out here trying to help humanity by providing better education

35. Roberto Ariza on November 7th, 2018 11:10 am

Damn, must be nice to experience a ghost at Morton College. Hb Morton East?

36. Miguel Gonzalez on November 7th, 2018 6:31 pm

The article is very interesting. This is a hard topic to do this, but it would be nice to see some actual factual evidence supporting the haunting. Whether it be pictures, recordings. Most of the things seen here are people’s opinions and interrogations, but nothing fully assuring the haunting is true. At the end, the article is very well built, and catches the reader’s attention with something spooky and suspenseful, specially for a Halloween day.

37. Odwen on November 9th, 2018 8:24 am

I sort of believe in this since I have also heard rumors before about a ghost haunting the area, one time I went to Morton college for a field trip and the tour guide told us that people have had encounter’s with the ghost by hearing foot steps or knocks in between the walls and that the theater was where most encounters had happened and was the most haunted part of the college grounds. personally I don’t believe in it since I haven’t encountered it myself.

38. Leslie A. on November 9th, 2018 10:37 am

I have heard a few stories about Emily. I came across a book titled “When the Ghost Screams” by Leslie Rule. The book provides the readers with more information about Emily. According to the author Morton College was not yet finished when her ghost was spotted. Emily’s spirit was seen by a man working on the roof. The man called her name and she quickly disappeared. Other individuals have as well claimed to have seen Emily in the campus. In general, the stories are frightening.

39. Jaqueline Garcia on November 9th, 2018 2:57 pm

I’ve heard of this story in Unity when my government teacher decided to read us scary stories during Halloween. I think it’s quite interesting to read of such paranormal activity.

40. Kimberly Carrillo on November 14th, 2018 7:18 pm

Ghosts cannot physically exist and most rumors aren’t true so probably not:*