East students attend car meets

Eulalio Bustos and Arik Gutierrez

Quite a few students have gone to car meets.

Here are all the events that occurs in a car meet: people can walk around the cars and see what they have under the hood, on a different area you can watch cars racing, also you can watch many cars do burnouts and drift. In a random survey of 100 Morton East Students, a surprising 28 have attended a car meet, while 72 have not. Most of the time this takes place at Chicago Downtown Lower Wacker and some suburbs.

“Girls go more likely to flirt,” Arik Gutierrez said.

Many girls go to wacker all dressed up on Friday night to impress many guys. Most of them start talking to the guys with the fastest cars.

“Most of RWD(rear wheel drive) cars are used to drift,” Eulalio Bustos said.

Because with a RWD, oversteer can be induced at almost any time during cornering by applying more throttle to cause the Rearwheeldrive to break traction.

2 Responses to “East students attend car meets”

1. Kevin Diaz on February 6th, 2018 11:09 am

It isnt a brief, good explanation of the friday-saturday meets at wacker or morgan and racine. The point is to have fun drifting — not girls going dressed up to impress. many that i know go with their crews to the drag races and the meets for donuts and revving and no one ever goes to impress by dressing or things like that.

2. Brayam Benavides on February 6th, 2018 11:26 am

To be honest you don’t really talk about the races you got to talk about whats going on, where at, whats the purpose for these races, the pros and cons. Talk about how the cops chase other racers and how we go crazy at the races not just girls. If you a real racer then your focus would be more on the cars then these females. First is the cars then these females, a female will leave you but not your car remember that.

East students attend car meets