East students feel stress of school, society

Back to Article
Back to Article

Karina is one of the seniors who suffers from stress.

Jaquelin Duran Olvera and Perla Valadez

The reason why nanyl students suffer from stress at school or work is because they are performing two tasks at the same time, such as work or sports.  They haven’t learned to properly multi-task.

One in five teens qualify as clinically depressed. Stress causes chest pain, high cholesterol, cardiac problems, depression, and a host of assorted problems like hair lost and even anxiety. From a survey created by the American Psychological Association in 2013, the top cause for stress was school, and the second was getting into their dream college or university. Ways to relieve stress are doing physical activities that you actually enjoy doing, getting enough sleep and having time for yourself.

From a survey of 30 Morton East junior and senior students 74% said that they suffer from stress due to school and work,and 26% said they do not suffer from stress.

“I did three essays last night; I didn’t sleep till 3 in the morning,” senior Jose Quiroz said.

on the other hand not, everyone has stress.

“I don’t stress because as long as everything like my classes are good I don’t care and myself as well and I always pick easy classes so I won’t struggle, “junior Yesenia Farias said.

Moreover, seniors are not the only ones that stress out sophomore’s stress as well.

“I have stress all the time because of the honor classes I’m taking; I feel pressured,” sophomore Alexis Ayala said.

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are not the only ones that stress Freshman stress as well.

” I stressed last semester because I wasn’t keeping track of how I was doing, and towards the end I had to retake everything and make up what i needed to get my grades up,” freshman Sarai Duran Olvera said.

In addition students are not the only ones that stressed but parents stress as well.

” Its stressful having to do mom chores and having to work at the same time,” parent Beatriz Flores said.