Community churches help those in need

Cynthia Heredia and Yesenia Garcia

In a survey of 100 students at Morton East High School, 37% of them have participated in a fundraiser and 63% of them have not participated. The majority of fundraisers are made or prepared at church, charity for the homeless, charity for the ones in need.We decided to do this topic because we heard about all the community service and fundraisers that go on to give back to our community.

“Mary Queen of Heaven made my confirmation class collect jackets from people who didn’t needed them anymore and give them out to people who needed them for our community hours,” sophomore Sebastian said.

They’re Morton teenagers that are required to give back to the community, some of the teens volunteer to give back.

“St Anthony food drive is for the poor,it’s an amazing feeling when you contribute to your community,”senior Alan de la Rosa said.

Underclassman feel it also the right thing to do.

“At St Odilos church we sold tamales for charity, I believe we’re suppose to give to get in return,” sophomore Stephanie Aguayo said.

Fellow classmate also volunteered.

“I have done many fundraisers and community service like volunteer at Corazon.  Also, I have raised money to get stuff for those in need,” sophomore Emily said.

Not just Morton teens volunteer to do community service,also Morton staff give back to our community.

“Selling candy and popcorn for my sons school, daycare center,” security Jennifer said.