Pony Express News

Auto Club will repair your car

Miguel Camarillo and Rosendo Guzman

November 6, 2017

Filed under Career Profile, Community, News

                     ...

State-of-the-art soccer field planned for Cicero

Angel Moreno and Bryan Gonzalez

November 6, 2017

Filed under Community, News

There is a new soccer field planned to be built by 54th and Cermak. The project will be a collaboration between the town of Cicero and district 99. The construction will start soon. Normal soccer fields are 100 meters long and...

Make up those incompletes to stay on-track

Amairany Cardoza and Estrella Ramos

November 6, 2017

Filed under News

In a random survey of 100 Morton East students, 66% either have an "I" or "E" and the other 34% are on track to graduate.  As of November 16, there were 2,007 incompletes that needed to be completed. However, at this t...

AP Study Circles begin

AP Study Circles begin

November 4, 2017

East hosts Hollywood homecoming

Barbara Beltran, Jasmin Uribe, Angeles Camberos, and Vanessa Figueroa

November 4, 2017

Filed under Arts and Entertainment, News

Saturday, September 30, J. Sterling Morton East High School held its annual homecoming dance, with a Hollywood theme, for its students. Morton East High School is located in Cicero, Illinois and has an approximate student population of 3,580 seniors, ju...

Morton East alumni reunite for tour

Nohemi Ramirez, Carmorroa Siggers, Marisel Carreno, and Xitlaly Pardo

November 4, 2017

Filed under Community, News

Alumni from the Class of 1967 and Class of 1977 came back to relive some memories they had experienced at Morton East High School. Morton East High School opened up in 1894. It was named Clyde Township High School from 1920-1959  and was a 3 story...

MEHS senior dies from senseless gang violence

Vanessa Bustamante, Reporter

November 4, 2017

Filed under Community, News

  Morton East Senior Irving Estrada was shot while playing basketball. According to Chicago's  ABC7 news, Irving Estrada had been hanging around Warren Park in Cicero playing basketball on a Tuesday night when an anonymous person suddenly s...

The student news site of Morton East High School
News