Morton Students Have Selected the Best Albums of 2020

Javon P., Reporter

The Weeknd’s After Hours was the best Album of 2020 according to the students at Morton East High School. 

In a random survey of 127 Morton East students, 30% said that After Hours was the best Album to come out during the drastic year. According to Rolling Stone. In the first half of the year, After Hours racked up 418,000 sales which was more than any other album in 2020. Prior to this, rapper Lil Uzi Vert had released his highly anticipated Album titled Eternal Atake which was the biggest Album to come out at the time only a few weeks prior to After Hours. 

‘’To be honest After Hours was one of the best Albums not just in 2020 but in the past few years! The energy of the Album was so great it had different vibes each song and yet not a single song wasn’t good. It’s an Album you can listen to anytime whether you’re driving, playing games, working out, etc. It’s perfect for any of those,’’ sophomore Ethan Gonzalez said. 

Bad Bunny’s El Último Tour del Mundo came in 2nd Place with 24% of the votes. With more than 116,000 Album sales the Reggaetón had huge successHe is probably the biggest Reggaetón Artist in the world right now, 

‘’The Album was good, but I think some of his past work has been better but either way the Album definitely deserved the streams it was hype, ‘’ former senior Luis Martinez said. 

Next, we have Harry Style’s Fine Line Album in 3rd Place with 19% of the votes. Harry Styles is one of the world biggest pop artists right now also selling million across the globe with every project. His fanbase is immense and with 35 million Instagram followers it’s safe to say his fanbase really comes through for him. 

‘’Harry Styles really deserves being in the Top 8 Best Albums because every song was beautifully written and sung,’’ senior Ashley Ortiz said.  

Finally, in last place unfortunately and quite shockingly is Jhene Aiko’s Chilombo Album receiving only 8% of the votes. The extremely sensual Album was filled with peaceful sounds and rhythms as Jhene is known for incorporating spiritual sounds like the Tibetan Singing Bowl into her music as she herself is a very spiritual individual. 

‘’Jhene Aiko’s sound is really admirable and soothing I think she’s a great artist who deserved a higher spot on the poll,’’ senior Max Seay said. 

We can all agree that 2020 was a joke, but one good thing that came out of it was all the incredible music that our favorite artists dropped during the yearIt definitely made the year more tolerable for everyone.