Websites guaranteed to give you an online scare

Jacqueline Olvera, Reporter

Courtesy of deathdate.info
Want to know the exact date of your death? Only if you live past 100!

So, want to get scared on the web?  Here are three terrifying sites to check out.

• For example there is http://planecrashinfo.com/ website; where people can find information on planes that have crashed and listen to pilots last words before impact.
  • One of the scariest websites is http://100humanleather.com; here people can find handbags, jackets, boots, belts made out of human skin. And it’s all perfectly legal because the skin used is donated from people that have already died.
  • Finally, there’s http://5nletters.blogspot.com/?m=1, a website where convicted serial killers and violent sexual predators can communicate with each other and influence anyone else that views their blogs.
  • DeathDate.com asks people to answer a couple questions then provides that person with a projected exact date of death.  It also tells you how you might die — disease, accident, terrorism

The internet is home to many different websites, some fun, interesting, scary, and just plain creepy. The internet itself is scary because everything stays saved and connected forever.

“In this country, there should be limits on what people with a criminal history can share to the world,” said Eloy Hernandez, Spanish teacher at Morton East, after viewing the serial killers’ website.

Other students aren’t all that creeped out by what they see online.

“It’s very macabre but still interesting,” said one anonymous student at Morton East.

Donated skin can be used as a temporary dressing for severe burn patients who do not have enough healthy skin on their body.  One student noted this.

“I think it’s stupid to be using the skin like that when it could be used in more useful ways,” said an anonymous student at Morton East.

3 Responses to “Websites guaranteed to give you an online scare”

1. Humberto Santos on October 31st, 2018 12:41 pm

I feel like most of these websites may be fake just to scare people. But you never know one of those can actually be real, and tell you real Information.

2. Juan A on October 31st, 2018 12:41 pm

I checked out a lot of the websites and I was a little freaked out. especially about the one about the real human skin products which included a wallet made of “ 100 % real human skin” but later at the bottom of the product description says that, it’s not actually real and I felt a sign of relief. Writer question: Out of all the websites which is your scariest?

3. Student Reporter on November 2nd, 2018 9:29 am

I think it has to be the plane crash info one, just listing to the pilots last words sends a real chill down my spine