Chicago’s biggest event: Lollapalooza

At least a quarter of Morton East students are interested in  Lollapalooza.

Students at Morton East where asked if they were attending this year’s Lollapalooza or have attended in the previous years, 26% out of a 100 said to have attended previous years, 32% out of a 100 plan on attending this year, and 42% out of a 100 have no interest in the event.

Summer is approaching and Downtown Chicago will be hosting grand events that will have many wanting to go.  One of the most popular events that has taken place every year happens to be Lollapalooza. Lollapalooza is a four day annual music festival event featuring different types of genre music and other entertainment which usually attracts youth. The popular annual event takes months in advance for preparation regarding security, live attractions, performers, food, and much more. Lollapalooza is a one day sold out event that many look forward to, do to security reasons from the previous year, the 2018 summer event may be affected.

“Lollapalooza was such a memorable and fun experience; you meet so many friendly people and there’s so many things you can do and eat,” sophomore Nazareth Perez said.

Most may think it’s a fun experience but others doubt due to security reasons.

“I don’t think Lollapalooza is not safe, i hear that there is always commotion going on and they never know who can have a dangerous weapon like the man that committed a mass shooting in Las Vegas had rented out a room not that far from the festival,” senior Karen Sanchez stated.

Although many  may not agree on the safety of the event, others find positive things about it.

“Safety wise it’s kind of easy to get lost, but if you have your phone and a group of people with you you’ll be fine; the food is somewhat expensive but it’s worth eating, overall it’s a great experience,” senior Aaron Acosta said.

Lollapalooza is the event to be at this summer.

2 Responses to “Chicago’s biggest event: Lollapalooza”

1. Guadalupe Diaz on May 7th, 2018 8:30 am

I personally wish I was attending Lollapalooza myself this year. I agree that Lollapalooza can be somewhat expensive since the beginning with the ticket purchase. Being able to see your favorite artist live can be memorable, especially if you’re with the right people. Lollapalooza’s security safety can be debatable because lets face it, anywhere you go you run the risk of being “unsafe”. All in all if you’re planning to attend a big event just make sure you’re aware of your surroundings.

[Reply]

2. Lourdes Garcia on May 7th, 2018 11:09 am

Lolla looks like a very fun event, yet it can also be very dangerous. There are a great amount of people and everyone is doing unsafe things which can affect other peoples saftey. It it is crazy how this event was not much of a big deal in the past years and now this year all of a sudden everyone is hyping it up and it is as if you HAVE to go. The amount of money students pay for the event is also crazy and how easily they can get a hold of it. I hope nothing bad happens while I am there because I am very small and can get lost easily.

[Reply]

Chicago’s biggest event: Lollapalooza