Star Wars students strike back at Phantom, choose Empire

With all the Star Wars films out there, which one is the best?

East likes to kick it old-school; their favorite film in the franchise is The Empire Strikes Back.  Their least favorite was The Phantom Menace.

In a random survey of 25 Morton East students, 50 percent said that The Empire Strikes Back was the best movie. The Star Wars franchise began in 1977 with  the  film Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi. Years later a prequel trilogy followed:  The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, and Revenge Of The Sith.  Then, the sequel trilogy began in 2015 with the Force Awakens, and will continue with another 2 movies. In 2016, Rogue One : A Star Wars Story came out to fill in the gap between the prequels and the original trilogy.  A Morton East teacher describes how he feels when he sees the Star Wars movies.

“When the logo comes out, I get chills, excited for the future of the franchise; fans go crazy,” astronomy teacher Jonathan Depke said.

A student describes what Star Wars character he relates to.

“I feel like Kylo Ren because I seem to be distraught and continuously under the influence of my masters,” Morton East Sophomore Henry Becerra said.

A student gives his opinion about which movie he likes the best.

” The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie because, it has everything you want a movie to have good story, comedy, action, romance, and just has the complete package,” Morton East  senior Ivan Roman said.